I Struggle
It was a Saturday. Three weeks ago or thereabouts. And I...I went to the dentist. Now, thanks to my old dentist I'm completely terrified of going to the dentist.
Enter nitrus oxide, or whatever that fun gass stuff is called.
Woo.
I sort of floated through the whole thing...TWO HOURS of it. Why? Because when you're afraid to go to the dentist, you end up with cavities.
So when I got home, my jaw was sore. Did I mention I have TMJ? No? Well, I have TMJ, which means my jaw pops, clicks, and, on rare but terrifying occasions, locks. Anyway I knew I couldn't chew solid food so I figured...soup. Soup will be safe and squishy.
Squishy yes, safe...not exactly.
I went upstairs (our rec room is in the daylight basement, so everything is upstairs from there) and put the kettle on. Cup o' Noodles, this'll be easy, right?
Right?
Well in retrospect, the pouring of the boiling water into the cup was easy. So was picking up the cup in one hand and the glass of water in the other. And starting down the stairs.
Until I got to about five steps from the bottom.
It went *woah slpping...ow landing...AAAH BURNING SENSATION BECAUSE THERE'S BOILING WATER SOAKING INTO MY CLOTHES!*
I screamed.
I never scream.
But I screamed.
And then began to strip.
So my fiance comes running. NO, not because of the stripping, because of the screaming. Keep up. Anyway he's asking me if I'm okay, and I'm telling him I don't know, while I strip out of my clothes and run for my room because my fiance's father is also on his way to investigate and...yeah, no strip tease for the future father-in-law.
Anyway I ended up with scalded skin on both legs and my right side. I only got a couple of blisters on my legs a few days later, but my right side had a big nasty one. That, and I was massively sore for a few days.
Oh, and did you know that if you put band-aids over a burn blister, and the adhesive is over skin that was scalded but now looks fine, you may blister? Well, I do now.
So I've got a now mostly healed scar about two inches by three quarters of an inch or so, with four lines radiating out from each side where the adhesive tape was, and one from the back. It sort of looks like a spider, at least if I tilt my head the right direction.
So yeah, there's my stunningly talented adventure. Aren't I special?
Enter nitrus oxide, or whatever that fun gass stuff is called.
Woo.
I sort of floated through the whole thing...TWO HOURS of it. Why? Because when you're afraid to go to the dentist, you end up with cavities.
So when I got home, my jaw was sore. Did I mention I have TMJ? No? Well, I have TMJ, which means my jaw pops, clicks, and, on rare but terrifying occasions, locks. Anyway I knew I couldn't chew solid food so I figured...soup. Soup will be safe and squishy.
Squishy yes, safe...not exactly.
I went upstairs (our rec room is in the daylight basement, so everything is upstairs from there) and put the kettle on. Cup o' Noodles, this'll be easy, right?
Right?
Well in retrospect, the pouring of the boiling water into the cup was easy. So was picking up the cup in one hand and the glass of water in the other. And starting down the stairs.
Until I got to about five steps from the bottom.
It went *woah slpping...ow landing...AAAH BURNING SENSATION BECAUSE THERE'S BOILING WATER SOAKING INTO MY CLOTHES!*
I screamed.
I never scream.
But I screamed.
And then began to strip.
So my fiance comes running. NO, not because of the stripping, because of the screaming. Keep up. Anyway he's asking me if I'm okay, and I'm telling him I don't know, while I strip out of my clothes and run for my room because my fiance's father is also on his way to investigate and...yeah, no strip tease for the future father-in-law.
Anyway I ended up with scalded skin on both legs and my right side. I only got a couple of blisters on my legs a few days later, but my right side had a big nasty one. That, and I was massively sore for a few days.
Oh, and did you know that if you put band-aids over a burn blister, and the adhesive is over skin that was scalded but now looks fine, you may blister? Well, I do now.
So I've got a now mostly healed scar about two inches by three quarters of an inch or so, with four lines radiating out from each side where the adhesive tape was, and one from the back. It sort of looks like a spider, at least if I tilt my head the right direction.
So yeah, there's my stunningly talented adventure. Aren't I special?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home